- The size of the UVA diploma is 17" x 22".
- A collection of custom diploma frames designed to encase a UVA diploma are available for purchase from the UVA Bookstore.
- If you plan to have your diploma framed, please be aware that framing processes requiring heat can damage the diploma.
- While there is no "official" placement of the orange and blue ribbon, it is most commonly displayed diagonally across the top left corner (blue above orange). Replacement ribbon is available through the Office of the University's Registrar (UREG) upon request at no charge. To obtain a replacement ribbon, please contact UREG by email..
- Double majors receive only one degree; and thus, only one diploma. Both majors are noted on your transcript.
When Will I Receive My Diploma?
Diplomas will be mailed within six weeks of degree conferral to the student's identified diploma mailing address as reflected in SIS. For students receiving degrees in May, mailing address changes can be made up until May 1, in the SIS Student Center under Personal Information.
For information on how to obtain a replacement or duplicate diploma, please refer to the Office of the University Registrar's website.
Program for the Class of 2021
A digital program that contains the names of all graduating students, class awards, and additional information will be available to view/download in May.
Graduation Announcements & Gifts
Orders for Personalized Announcement Packages may be placed at the UVA Bookstore by phone (1-800-433-0296) or online. There is not a formal deadline for ordering announcements; however, early ordering is recommended. For questions, please contact the UVA Bookstore at (434) 924-3721 or (800) 759-4667.