The University offers on-Grounds housing for guests attending Finals Weekend. Reservations are limited and provided on a first-come, first-served basis. This is not a hotel option, but an economical, no-frills alternative with no minimum stay requirement. Guests will stay in our first-year residence halls located in the Alderman Road Residence Area. These hall-style accommodations include two lofted twin beds and shared common area and gender-specific shared bathrooms on each hall. Guests must provide their own bed linens and pillows unless they previously selected a room that includes linens at the time of their reservation. All guests must also provide their own towels, toiletries, and other amenities.
Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis, and payment in full is due at the time you register. As of April 2023, On-Grounds accommodations are sold out with an extensive waitlist. To add your name to the waitlist or for more information, visit https://conferences.virginia.edu/finals-weekend. For questions, please email Conference Services at [email protected].
For information on area hotels and room availability, contact the Charlottesville Albemarle Convention and Visitors Bureau at (434) 293-6789 / (877) 386-1103. Please note area hotels often fill very quickly. It is recommended guests make reservations as early as possible.
The city of Charlottesville is located in Central Virginia, just two hours south of Washington, D.C. and one hour northwest of Richmond, VA. Charlottesville has a regional airport, Amtrak rail service, and Greyhound bus service. UVA is easily accessible from Interstate 64, Route 29, and Route 250.
For information on air, train, and bus travel, visit the Charlottesville Albemarle Convention and Visitors Bureau's website.
Local Restaurants & Dining
A comprehensive list of local restaurants can be found on the Charlottesville Albemarle County Convention and Visitors Bureau website.
On-Grounds Food Services
On Friday, May 19, concessions will be available at the John Paul Jones Arena for Valedictory Exercises in Sandridge Hall (the main foyer) and at the suite level near Sections 106 and 110.
On Saturday and Sunday, concessions will be available in the following locations:
Concessions near the Lawn (6 a.m. - 1 p.m.)
- On McCormick Road near Garrett Hall in front of West Range Café (full service) - cash and card
- West of the Rotunda near the University Chapel (snacks and beverages) - card only
- East of the Rotunda near Washington Hall (snacks and beverages) - card only
Concessions on the Lawn (7 - 11:30 a.m.)
Note: to access, guests will first need to go through the security checkpoint and show their Final Exercises ticket
- On the West Lawn near Garrett Hall (snacks and beverages) - card only
- On the East Lawn near the Washington Statue (snacks and beverages) - card only
Additionally, the following businesses will be open on Saturday and Sunday
- Newcomb Hall (1st floor): 1819 Supply Convenience Store from 6 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Newcomb Hall (2nd floor): Starbucks from 6 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Observatory Hill Dining Hall (1st floor): The Crossroads (snacks and beverages) from 6 - 9 a.m.
- Aquatics & Fitness Center: The Juice Laundry from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Updated: April 28, 2023