Finals Weekend will be here before you know it! Here are some important items you will want to take care of in advance:
- August 2017/December 2017 Graduates - Contact Your school/department to confirm your intent to participate in Final Exercises and the school/department graduation ceremony.
- To receive text message alerts including updates to the Finals Weekend schedule, subscribe to the Finals Weekend Text Messaging Service.
- Order graduation announcements (Optional).
- Pick up your Cap & Gown from the UVA Bookstore* (Darden, Law, and Medicine graduates pick up your cap & gown at your school).
- Nominate a graduating fourth- or fifth-year student for one of the Class Awards -- the Award for Community Service, the Award for Cultural Fluency, and new for this year, the Miss Kathy Award. The awards will be presented at Valedictory Exercises on Friday, May 18 at 3:00 p.m.
- Complete your Student Outcome Activity Report (SOAR) profile, which takes approximately 5 minutes. The information collected will provide UVA staff with a better understanding of students' professional development needs and will play a vital role in determining the types of development opportunities offered in the future. Commerce students, please use the McIntire Destinations Portfolio Survey to report your outcome.
- Pick up your tickets for Class Party (undergraduates only) and Final Exercises from the UVA Bookstore.
Check out the schedule for Finals Weekend and review the following information:
- When/Where to assemble for Final Exercises
The location of the Remote (Indoor) Viewing Sites for Final Exercises
(Note: This is a great option for elderly guests, guests with infants or small children, as well as guests without tickets to Final Exercises.)
- The location of your school/department graduation ceremony
- The weather plans for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Parking options for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday