Finals Weekend will be here before you know it! Below are some important items you will want to take care of before you take your walk down the Lawn. This list will continue to be updated, so be sure to check back here starting at the end of the Fall 2020 semester.
Apply for Graduation - In addition to completing any necessary graduation-related processes with your school and/or department, you will need to complete a graduation application in SIS for the semester in which you are graduating. For a step-by-step tutorial, please visit ITS’ FAQ page, and scroll down to the bottom of the page where you’ll see Apply to Graduate in SIS.
Deadlines to Apply for Graduation in SIS:
August 2020 Graduates: July 1
December 2020 Graduates: October 1
May 2021 Graduates: The window for applying for May Graduation is November 1 to February 1. Note: The College of Arts & Sciences deadline is in early-December. Students will receive an email with the specific date in December.
Please be sure to verify your "primary" and "diploma address" in SIS. For assistance with changing your diploma address, visit the SIS Help website. If you need to update/correct your primary name, you will need to complete the SIS Primary Name Update Form on UREG's website. If your diploma name contains characters or symbols that SIS cannot accommodate, please contact UREG.
- August 2020/December 2020 Graduates - Contact Your school/department to confirm your intent to participate in Final Exercises and the school/department graduation ceremony.
- Subscribe to the Finals Weekend Text Alerts service to receive important announcements (ex. changes to the Finals Weekend schedule) via text message. The service is free, and you will be automatically unsubscribed after Finals Weekend.
- Pick up your Cap & Gown from the UVA Bookstore. Note: Darden, Law, and Medicine graduates will pick up their cap & gown at their respective school.
- Complete the Class of 2021 UVA First Destination Survey on Handshake, which takes approximately 3 minutes. The information collected will provide UVA staff with a better understanding of students' professional development needs and will play a vital role in determining the types of development opportunities offered in the future. Commerce students, please use the McIntire Destinations Portfolio Survey to report your outcome.
- Pick up your tickets for Class Party and Final Exercises from the UVA Bookstore.
- Plan your weekend. Please review the following items and then communicate any relevant information to your guests:
- The Finals Weekend schedule
- Where/when to assemble for your Final Exercises ceremony
- The location of your school/department graduation ceremony
- The weather plans for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Parking options for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- The locations of the Remote (Indoor) Viewing Sites for Final Exercises (If you have more guests than tickets for Final Exercises, this is a great option for your guests who don't have a ticket. The remote viewing sites are also a great alternative for elderly guests, guests with infants or small children, or anyone who prefers to stay out of the elements. All venues are climate-controlled and wheelchair accessible).
Note: With so many people on the Lawn for Final Exercises, cell service is likely to be limited. It's a good idea for you and your guests to establish a post-ceremony meeting location before arriving to the Lawn.
- Connect on social media using #UVAgrad.